Gathering data for Cardiac ERAS program for our hospital as well as the SCA. This page will be continuously updated as I find more information.
- Regional Anesthesia in Cardiac Surgery: An Overview of Fascial Plane Chest Wall Blocks. Anesthesia & Analgesia: July 2020 – Volume 131 – Issue 1 – p 127-135.
- Regional anesthesia for cardiac surgery. Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology: October 2019 – Volume 32 – Issue 5 – p 674-682.
- Regional Analgesia in Cardiothoracic Surgery: A Changing Paradigm Toward Opioid-Free Anesthesia? Ann Card Anaesth. 2018 Jul-Sep; 21(3): 225–227.
- New approaches and old controversies to postoperative pain control following cardiac surgery. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2006 Jul;23(7):539-50.
- Effect of postoperative analgesia on major postoperative complications: a systematic update of the evidence. Anesth Analg. 2007 Mar;104(3):689-702.
- Optimising pain management protocols following cardiac surgery: A protocol for a national quality improvement study. Int J Surg Protoc. 2019 Jan 11;14:1-8.
- Assessment and pathophysiology of pain in cardiac surgery. J Pain Res. 2018; 11: 1599–1611.
- The role of intraoperative interventions to minimise chronic postsurgical pain. Br J Pain. 2017 Nov;11(4):186-191.
- Impact of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery and Opioid-Free Anesthesia on Opioid Prescriptions at Discharge From the Hospital: A Historical-Prospective Study. Anesth Analg. 2017 Nov;125(5):1784-1792.
- Comparison of continuous thoracic epidural analgesia with bilateral erector spinae plane block for perioperative pain management in cardiac surgery. Ann Card Anaesth. Jul-Sep 2018;21(3):323-327.
- Erector spinae plane block as an alternative to epidural analgesia for post-operative analgesia following video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery: A case study and a literature review on the spread of local anaesthetic in the erector spinae plane. Indian J Anaesth. 2018 Jan;62(1):75-78.
- Efficacy of bilateral pectoralis nerve block for ultrafast tracking and postoperative pain management in cardiac surgery. Ann Card Anaesth. Jul-Sep 2018;21(3):333-338.
- Bilateral thoracic paravertebral block combined with general anesthesia vs. general anesthesia for patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: a feasibility study. BMC Anesthesiology volume 19, Article number: 101 (2019).
- A novel approach for pain management in cardiac surgery via median sternotomy: bilateral single-shot paravertebral blocks. Heart Surg Forum. 2007;10(5):E357-62.
- Regional Anesthesia Cardiothoracic Enhanced Recovery (RACER): A New Era. ASRA News. August 2019 Issue
- Neuraxial Analgesia for Cardiac Surgery. ASRA News. November 2017 Issue
- Regional anesthesia considerations for cardiac surgery. Best Practice & Research Clinical Anaesthesiology. Volume 33, Issue 4, December 2019, Pages 387-406.
- Medical pumps for delivery of programmable intermittent bolus:
What I’m using these days:
- August 2020: None as we do not have programmable intermittent bolus pumps for regional.